Saturday, October 11, 2008

Why hello there!

Its actually been close to a year since I've written in this blog. Have I really been that lazy for that long? Either way I have been inspired to start writing in this blog because it seems everyone is writing in their blogs again or starting new blogs. So why shouldnt I write in mine too. I always enjoyed it and so did the 1.4 people who read it.... I think.
So I guess I should give a quick brief on whats been happening to me and my related objects this whole year. Well Ive gone through a few semesters of school. Im still in Accounting and I'm still not enjoying its workload. Though I'm sure I will enjoy its benefits in the future.
I have moved out of the dorms and into an apartment. Yes it is true. Raven Village no longer has a spot in its heart for a guy like me. Instead I have moved into a new apartment complex called "The Exchange". I am in the group of the first residents or ever step foot inside of them and call them "home". I actually really like the place. They are not bad at all. I have my own place and I can cook and do whatever the hell I want. I have three one roommate, but if you really want to get technical I actually only have three. My roommates consist of Cameron, Alex, and Daron. Cameron is the only one who is actually ever there. Alex and Daron use the place more a "storage" for thier shit. Well Alex does come in once a week to do laundry so I guess he uses it as a washateria as well. Overall the place is pretty sweet. Though I will admit I am not a fan of a lot of the people who tend to reside there. Our neighbors to the left of us (we have none to the right) tend to throw a lot of parties which I dont really mind, but I am not a fan of them slamming their doors (which create earthquakes in our room) and leaving trash out in the breezeway for everyone to enjoy. A week ago they left many a trash objects out there including a broken bottle. I decided to be a good citizen and go get my dustpan and brush and pick it all up. Thats where my good citizenry left because a moment later I laid all of their trash neatly in front of their door so they could not go in or leave their place without tripping over thier shit.
Joining the workforce. Yes I have done it. I now work at the Huntsville Item. I am was a photojournalist for the paper. But due to fags at the paper budget cuts now I am just a sports photographer. Its easy work. I dont have set hours. I work when I want, and I get paid to do what I love. And I dont have to request off... I just do it. Pretty much I just check in with my sports editor and he tells me what I need to photograph each day. Sometimes is Volleyball while others it is football. Sometimes I am shooting college ball while other times it high school ball. Either way its all a lot of fun. I wish the pay was more, but hey its really easy and it add cash to my pocket so I can really complain. Ill take what I can get. Plus its really helping with my portfolio if I ever did try and get some other form of work involving photography.
Thats all I have really changed lately. Ive met some amazing new people. Many of them who are my amazing new friends. Ive went through a hurricane. Ive had some periods of time that involved women. I bought a new bike. Ive been to a couple of places located within the US. Etc etc. Thats all I really have to say till the next post.

-David

No comments: